Senior Software Development Specialist
1-The Directorate General of Treasury is working under Ministry of Finance (MoF) with a total of around 300 in HQ and line ministries employees. Responsible for managing the treasury bank accounts and payment procedures, Public sector PEM and Treasury (Payment processing), Contracts Master Data Management and payments, Vendors Master Data Management (public and private vendors), Payroll and salaries payments, Budget Execution, distribution and control at all levels and Revenue collection from all sources (taxes and non-taxes) for the Government of Afghanistan (GoA) in accordance with the Public Finance and Expenditure Management Law (PFEML). Treasury’s responsibilities are divided across a Director General, 5 Directorates and 11 Sub Directorates.
2-After coming Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) to the authority, treasury has made important progress in implementing financial system cross the line ministries and provinces, streamlining vendor’s payment processes, simplifying contract management lifecycle, budget execution, distribution and control and payment staff salaries punctually. These efforts include a wide range of reforms and structural changes within the treasury.
3-AFMIS is currently using Freebalance’s Financial Management System (FMIS) as a core system for the treasury management and operations, and some other systems for daily operations cross the GoA.
4-AFMIS needs technical support in the development of replacement for currently used FMIS as part the strategic plan for the modernization of the financial system in technology and functionalities by aiding in understanding the current financial system as well as the development of a sustainable software system for the modernization of the systems based on open source technologies as per the Digital Foundation Strategy for Afghanistan. The senior software development specialist will collect enough details about the requirements to start the process of developing a set of business workflows and technical specifications.
The service will draft reports describing main results and recommendations:
- Deliver detailed well-developed documents (FDD/SRS, TDD, etc), applications source codes and any other official resources for the AFMIS and other systems as per SLA, based on functional specifications, in accordance with the Digital Foundation Strategy of Afghanistan.
- Deliver a detailed list of customizations in the current system for enhancing the performance and business requirements of the day.
- Deliver a detailed list of audit policies, maintenance plan and checklists for both new and existing software systems.
- Provide support the AFMIS DBA team on database performance tuning and analysis plan with best practices for the new and existing systems.
- Integrates AFMIS with SIGTAS, ASYCUDA, and DAB, ACBR, NPA and other enterprise applications exists in MoF.
- Develop Integrated Financial Management system (IFMIS) and treasury Dashboard using open source technologies (.net core, React, and SQL server using clean architecture).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The authorities concerned will carry out the following tasks and activities but not necessarily restricted to those:
- Develop new web applications using the open standards and open source frameworks specifically Microsoft .net Core for Treasury systems (AFMIS, helpdesk, Payroll and .net restful API) and SQL server as DBMS with clean architecture to improve the systems, performance, processes and productivity.
- Being a part of the change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications using .net core using clean architecture, Entity Framework (EF) Core, .net restful API and React for frontend development and updates existing applications.
- Coordinates treasury related activities for; development, systems specifically web server setup and configuration, database and network administration and overseeing the applications development and implementation.
- Providing proactive and practical support to the operational and management teams of the treasury with an emphasis on the uptake of AFMIS system improvements including enhancements in the performance, troubleshooting, reporting, etc.
- Ensuring high availability of developed software systems and databases.
- Participating in software testing process such unit test, automated functional tests and integration tests.
- Make recommendations to automate and simplify business processes and building new application for increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Review completed software development tasks to ascertain compliance with international standards.
- Perform risk assessments and observe risk control strategies while developing software systems.
- Work alongside other departments to achieve Treasury’s goals and visions.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the management
Work under the supervision of the sub-directorate and provide regular tasks status update, challenges and reports to the management as per SLA.
- Bachelor’s or master degree computer since, information technology and other related fields.
- 4 years for master and 6 year for bachelor of computer since, information technology and other related fields with experience in the enterprise level financial software development and software project management.
- SOLID understanding and proven experience of at least three enterprise application projects with object oriented based on .net core, Entity framework (EF) Core, and domain driven design.
- SOLID understanding and proven experience in design patterns specifically repository patterns and clean architecture implementation in C#.
- Python and React knowledge will conceders as plus points.
- Extensive knowledge of business processing simplification in enterprise environment, with open source platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience in PostgreSQL and MSSQL server databases, Web development tools, and user support.
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and Experience in technical writing such as functional specification, technical specification, etc.
- Experience in quality assurance & control, risk analysis and data analysis & mitigation.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs with a detailed application letter and a contact details, no later than 25 Oct, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate “position name vacancy number in the subject line
Please do not attach your education and working experience documents.