SAARC DEVELOPNMENT FUND (SDF) INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR APPOINTING A NEW CEO
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SDF CEO ARE:
- Will be the chief of the operating staff of the SDF Secretariat and will be responsible for the day-to-day business of SDF under the direction of the Board of Directors (BoD);
- Will be responsible for the management of the organization in accordance with the Rules and Regulations;
- Steer SDF’s work, including decisions on investments, loans, guarantees and technical assistance;
- Will be the ex-officio member of the BoD;
- In the discharge of his/her official responsibilities, the CEO will be accountable to SDF Board;
- Will be responsible for timely implementation and monitoring of the approved projects in close coordination with the SDF Member States and SAARC Secretariat;
- Will be responsible for preparing and submitting Annual Report/Progress Report to the BoD in time;
- Will be the legal representative of SDF.
THE CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
A minimum of fifteen (15) years of proven track record in a financial institution of international/regional/national standing, with at least five (5) years in a senior financial management position;
Commendable grasp over the developmental challenges being faced by the SAARC Region.
Experience of dealing/working with Government agencies with respect to development and financing of projects in Social, Economic and Infrastructure Sector.
Post Graduate Degree in Finance/Business Management/Economics.
An advanced degree in Strategic Business Management would be an advantage.
Should not be more than 55 years of age on 30 September 2020.
A bona fide citizen of any Member State of SAARC (i.e. Afghanistan /Bangladesh /Bhutan /India /Nepal /Maldives /Pakistan /Sri Lanka).
Remuneration and allowances:
The CEO would be paid a remuneration of US$ 6,000 [US Dollars Six Thousand (tax-free)] with accommodation, transport and other admissible allowances and benefits as per the relevant rules of SDF.
Privileges and Immunities:
The CEO may enjoy, applicable privileges and immunities, as per the Headquarters Agreement between the Royal Government of Bhutan and SDF.
The term of office of the CEO will be five years, with a possibility of extension by another term of five years, subject to conditions including age limit.
If you meet the above criteria and are confident to take up the challenge of leading SDF, please submit your application to:
Director (ARD & SDF), SAARC Secretariat, GPO Box No.: 4222, Kathmandu, Nepal
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Application Form may be downloaded from: http://www.sdfsec.org/news-details?news_id=110223
Application deadline: The applications must reach the SAARC Secretariat by Monday, 23 March 2020.
The SDF Governing Board will interview the short-listed candidates for final selection. The new CEO will assume charge of the office on 12 August 2020.