Senior IT Specialist
1- The Directorate General of Treasury is working under Ministry of Finance (MoF) with a total of around 300 in HQ and line ministries employees. Responsible for managing the treasury bank accounts and payment procedures, Public sector PEM and Treasury (Payment processing), Contracts Master Data Management and payments, Vendors Master Data Management (public and private vendors), Payroll and salaries payments, Budget Execution, distribution and control at all levels and Revenue collection from all sources (taxes and non-taxes) for the Government of Afghanistan (GoA) in accordance with the Public Finance and Expenditure Management Law (PFEML). Treasury’s responsibilities are divided across a Director General, 5 Directorates and 11 Sub Directorates.
2-After coming Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) to the authority, treasury has made important progress in implementing financial system cross the line ministries and provinces, streamlining vendor’s payment processes, simplifying contract management lifecycle, budget execution, distribution and control and payment staff salaries punctually. These efforts include a wide range of reforms and structural changes within the treasury.
3-AFMIS is currently using Freebalance’s Financial Management System (FMIS) as a core system for the treasury management and operations, and some other systems for daily operations cross the GoA.
4-AFMIS needs technical support in the development of replacement for currently used FMIS as part the strategic plan for the modernization of the financial system in technology and functionalities by aiding in understanding the current financial system as well as the development of a sustainable software system for the modernization of the systems based on open source technologies as per the Digital Foundation Strategy for Afghanistan. The senior software development specialist will collect enough details about the requirements to start the process of developing a set of business workflows and technical specifications.
The specialist is responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring, and supporting the advanced capabilities of the Cisco router and switches, Oracle and Dell servers, and Palo Alto firewalls inside the MoF Data Center for handling R&S and Voice activities. The professional must have hands-on experience in the field.
The Certified Professional should plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks. The specialist works in collaboration with experts on security, voice, wireless and video solutions. The specialist should independently develop complex network solutions. The specialist should have networking knowledge in the physical networks and system of today, virtualized and cloud network functions of tomorrow.
The professional must be capable of recognizing the unique technical, business and technological requirements
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The specialist is responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring, and supporting the advanced capabilities of the Cisco router and switches, Oracle, HPE Blade, Chassis and Dell servers
- The specialist should have Full proper understanding of high availability in system storage devise.
- The specialist is responsible for taking care of the network equipment including Cisco routers, switches, HP Blade servers, storage, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint UTM and Dell SonicWALL firewalls. The specialist should manage and providing technical assistance to recover any critical network events.
- Install configure and maintain servers such as Microsoft Server 2008, 2012 & 2016 DHCP DNS Active Directory file Server
- The Specialist have Full knowledge and familiar with Virtualization Technology and Different Hypervisors
- The specialist should primarily design and deploy the end-to-end enterprise network. They must have a proper understanding of high availability, WAN optimization, network protocols and complex LAN/WAN infrastructure support, and IP systems.
- The specialist is responsible for taking care of the network equipment including routers, switches, servers, storage, and firewalls. The specialist should manage and providing technical assistance to recover any critical network events.
- It is the responsibility of Specialist to develop secure networks to help the transport of multiple types of applications. They must have good knowledge about IP Network Convergence.
- The specialist must play an active role in the assessment and design network, storage, and core networking environments.
- The specialist should help clients in the execution of data and voice communication networks.
- They should have excellent knowledge of data center and security protocols.
- The specialist must update the system with the latest network industry trends.
- The specialist should examine and evaluate the system functionality and supervise all of the functional design requirements. They should be capable of creating a logical and detailed network diagram and engineering task list. The specialist should encourage MoF to invest in test plans and easy deployment methods.
- The professional must execute project-based engineering, design, installation, and troubleshooting. It is the specialist tasks to take care of voice, video, and network security implementation.
- The professional must plan graphical and text-based documentation processes for effective management.
- MS/BS Computer Science / Information Technology
- Cover Microsoft last System and server management course
- Excellent knowledge of Data center virtualization
- Excellent knowledge of Storage Technology
- Experience of hosting financial Management infromation system application server
- Femilar with thrid party bakcup software
- Valid cisco certification up to professional level in the area of R&S and Security
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the area of routing and switching and network security
- Capable to install, troubleshoot, configure, and operate medium and large size networks.
- Verification and implementation of network connections to remote sites within WAN.
- Managing, Maintaining and Configuring an Internet work with the help of WAN technologies like PPP, Frame-relay, dedicated T1s, ISDN and Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP and RIPv2. Introductory knowledge of Layer-2 Switching, VLAN’s and Access-list.
- Good knowledge of Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Voice over IP (VoIP), ASA and Palo Alto Firewall, Cisco Call Manager, CUCM and routing protocol BGP
- Well understanding of Bridging and switching concepts and LAN technologies
- Sound knowledge of routing protocols - RIP V1/V2, OSPF, IGRP and EIGRP
- Good knowledge of wan solution, protocol HDLC,PPP,FRAME RELAY,ISDN
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP)
- Configuration and VLAN setup on Cisco latest model Switches and Routers.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
- Implementation of HSRP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, MRTG.
- Perform Troubleshooting end-to-end between the two sites.
- Back-up and restore of all critical resources including router IOS, Outlook , System State data
- Configure and implement Remote Access Solution: VPN, ISDN dial up, Fractional T1
- Provide intranet VPN solution
- Intermediate level of understanding storage, wireless and telecommunication technologies
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CVs with a detailed application letter and a contact details, no later than 25 Oct, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate “position name vacancy number in the subject line
Please do not attach your education and working experience documents.